Ps Brian lifted up and poured out encouragement on the team in such a heart-felt manner. It was incredible! I was in a room full of champions whose lives are making an eternal impact on this city- whose role in life is more important than the richest man in the world because what they are doing is going to last into eternity! May we all live with our eternal imprint at the forefront of our minds!
That amazing experience was one of many. Life in the city of dreams has been filled with adventure. I have experienced so many firsts. Just for the fun of it, here is a non-exhaustive listing of My Mumbai Firsts:
- Walked, crossed & survived the chaotic streets (yikes!)
- Rode a motorcycle (& survived)
- Ate Indian-style with my right hand
- Got beautiful henna on my hands
- Purchased & wore authentic Indian clothing (kurta & patiala)
- Saw the worlds largest slum
- Rode in a rickshaw
- Saw the city dump featured in Slumdog Millionaire
There are so many more experiences but I will have to save them for story telling when I'm home! :) I love it here and I'm convinced God has something very special for this city and nation. I believe He is transforming this city one person at a time. With individual change comes collective change. With personal hope being renewed comes a renewal of hope for an entire nation and I, for one thing, have hope for India!